Monday, April 25, 2011

Almost Home!

SO...

I have one more week of classes, a week of exams, then there's no place like home! Before I go, I'd like to take some time to make a final comparison between home and school -- this is for you, Kaia!

At school, I have the mentality that I have to take care of myself, so I'm good at it.
At home, I become rather dependent on my mom ... it's almost embarrasing.

At school, I have to call home if I want to talk to my family.
At home, they're there!

At school, I miss Kaia.
At home, I miss Kaia.

At school, I feel the need to set aside time to clean my room.
At home, I just don't.

At school, I recognize that I am learning and absorbing at every moment.
At home, I hope to remember that.

At school, I have no car.
At home, I have to wait for someone to get home with a car or for it to be finished at the shop.

At school, I have no place that will deliver pizza at one in the morning! What?!
At home, I have my toppers.

At school, I have a tiny fridge with hardly enough space to fit a half-gallon of milk.
At home, I can sneak down in the middle of the night for a glass of chocolate milk which is in a gallon jug which is next to a gallon of skim and two-percent.

At school, I miss home.
At home, I miss school.

At school, I eat easy mac late at night.
At home, I do not miss easly mac.

At school, I learned a lot of things that I pray I remember to incorporate
at home.

I learned that family is more important than friends. I learned I didn't believe that before I went to school. I learned that it's ok to take some time to make your living space look nice. I learned that I HATE dorms. I learned that I CAN knit a hat. I learned that I CAN be self-sufficient. I learned that my brothers are not conversational on the phone. Maybe I already knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment